$29 Invisalign/Orthodontic/Teeth Straightening Consultation*
In some cases, removing a tooth completely from its spot in the jawbone may be necessary to preserve or improve your dental health.
Common reasons for tooth extraction in Gosnells include:
- Orthodontia: Preparation for braces and retainers often involves pulling one tooth or a few teeth. Orthodontia aims to properly align the teeth, which may not be possible if your teeth are too big for your mouth.
- Save space: Wisdom teeth are often extracted if there is no room for them in the mouth, or if they become infected or impacted.
- Damage or tooth decay: Tooth extraction may be the only choice if a tooth is severely decayed or damaged to be repaired with fillings or crown.
- Risk of infection: Pulling teeth may be necessary if radiation or chemotherapy to the head and neck causes teeth to become infected.
Once your tooth is removed, your dentist will advise you of any after-care measures.
Typically, a small amount of bleeding is normal.
Your mouth will gradually fill in space where the tooth root was by the formation of a blood clot.
After-Care for patients in Gosnells
After tooth extraction, be sure to follow your Gosnells dentist’s instructions for after-care, including the following:
Eat soft foods: Follow a soft diet until any anaesthesia wears off, and then limit your diet for the first few days after the procedure.
Take care of your teeth: Don’t brush the teeth immediately next to the area of tooth extraction within 24 hours, but brush the rest of your teeth.
Get back to a good oral care practice after two days.
For the first few days, if you must, rinse your mouth gently.
If you experience redness and swelling, apply a cold cloth or an ice bag to the affected area and call your dentist immediately.
Ask your dentist about pain relievers. You can still brush and floss the other teeth like you always do. But don’t brush the teeth next to where the tooth was extracted.
Remember, when having an extraction, today’s modern treatments and follow-up care are there for your benefit and comfort.
Tooth Extractions at Smile Dental Studios Gosnells
Tooth extractions performed at Smile Dental Studios Gosnells are guaranteed easy, safe, and beneficial to our patients.
They are proven helpful to those who have problems with crowding, decay, and damage.
We are located at 8/2328 Albany Hwy in Gosnells.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are tooth extractions painful?
How long does it take for a tooth extraction site to close?
How do I know if I need a tooth extracted?
In many cases, whether or not you need a tooth extraction: there are both benefits and disadvantages to your dental choices. Your dentist will discuss them with you.
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards, HBF, HCF, NIB, Medibank Private, BUPA and all major health funds through HICAPS.
Smile now pay later with AFTERPAY!
Book at Smile Dental Studios Gosnells now and pay for the visit over 4 equal fortnightly payments.
Mon - Sun: –
We are open 7 days a week