Call The Office
(08) 6594 1531
8/2328 Albany Hwy, Gosnells WA 6110
Fissure sealants are clear composite resin, similar to white tooth fillings. The sealants act as a barrier against bacteria that cause plaque. They are designed to prevent tooth decay and cavities.
Sealant is commonly applied to the grooves, known as fissures, and pits of the back molars. These are the most common areas for cavities in the teeth. The procedure can be conducted by your dentist, a dental hygienist or an oral health therapist.
This includes patients with:
- A history of dental caries
- Deep retentive pits and fissures
- Poor oral hygiene
- Early signs of dental caries
- Poor plaque control
- Enamel defects, such as enamel hypoplasia
- Orthodontic appliances.
Procedure for applying fissure sealants
Fissure sealant application is a simple procedure that can be completed by your Gosnells dentist.
- Teeth are cleaned and dried thoroughly, as food particles and saliva can prevent the sealant from sticking to the tooth.
- The tooth surface is rinsed with an acid gel or a chemical solution, to ensure that the sealant sticks to the tooth.
- An adhesive is applied below the sealant.
- The sealant is applied.
- Depending on the type of sealant to be applied, a strong light may be used to cure the material.
- The liquid sealant forms a strong barrier on the tooth surface.
- The bite is inspected, and excess material is polished.
Dentists recommend 6-12 monthly check-ups so that tooth decay or sealant loss can be monitored.
Sealed teeth do not need any changes at home or dietary changes. Although fissure sealants help with decay prevention on molar teeth, especially, it is important to brush and floss teeth properly and avoid the factors that can lead to tooth decay.
Fissure Sealants at Smile Dental Studios Gosnells
Smile Dental Studios Gosnells is your trusted and experienced dentist, providing safe and effective fissure sealants for you and your loved ones in Gosnells and the surrounding communities.
For more information about fissure sealantsn in Gosnells, call us on (08) 6594 1531 or visit us at 8/2328 Albany Hwy in Gosnells.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which teeth should be sealed?
What is involved?
Does it hurt?
How long do fissure sealants last?
How do fissure sealants work?
Who do I ask about the treatment?
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards, HBF, HCF, NIB, Medibank Private, BUPA and all major health funds through HICAPS.
Smile now pay later with AFTERPAY!
Book at Smile Dental Studios Gosnells now and pay for the visit over 4 equal fortnightly payments.
Mon - Sun: –
We are open 7 days a week