Finding The Right Dentist in the Gosnells Area
People who don’t follow a regular oral hygiene routine and don’t deal with dental problems as quickly as possible often suffer from terrible consequences and treatments that go far beyond what could have been needed if regular checkups had identified the problem early.
This is why dentists recommend that we all visit the dentist for regular checkups at least every six months.
This is also why it’s crucial to choose a dentist that is not only effective and convenient, but one that makes you (and your family!) feel comfortable and calm.
Your dentist is a long-term partnership for your health, so you need to be satisfied with services rendered for years to come. But how does one find such a dentist?
At Smile Dental Studio Gosnells, we can answer that question, and we think you’ll find that we are the answer to all your dental issues and problems!
Searching for Your Dentist
- Ask your family, trusted friends, or experts if they recommend a particular dentist. Ask a professional you trust – ask your current dentist, pharmacist, or doctor, or if you are moving to the Gosnell area.
- Use webpages like Google and Yelp to read reviews from previous patients. Remember that one bad review doesn’t necessarily mean too much— you need to look over several reviews to get the bigger picture. Also, don’t trust super-short or general reviews, instead look for reviews with specific details.
- Take a look at the dentists’ website. If the site isn’t good, the dentist might not be looking for new patients, or might not have good business practices. Once on the website, look at pictures of the office, scan their blog posts, and look to see what kind of promotions they offer.
- Drop by! Nothing tells the story of a dental office better than a visit to meet with the dentist and staff. While there, take a look at the office and dental surgeries to make sure they are clean.
- Ask questions! Use the questions we give you below, both to get detailed answers about how the practice works and to get an idea of how well they communicate and how much they care about patient concerns.
Other things to consider
When picking a dentist, keep these issues in mind:
- Location is important. Trekking across town to reach your dentist is less than ideal and may end up being an excuse not to visit. So, choose a practice closer to home. Use Google Maps or other online tools to check locations, and always think of travel time before distance.
- Services offered. The more services a dentist provides, and particularly the special ones you might need, the better the dentist likely is for you and your family. Keep in mind any special dental services (e.g. children’s dentistry, or laughing gas for anxiety) you require.
- Health and Cleanliness. Be sure the clinic follows relevant governmental and industry standards.
- Fees. This also has to do with insurance, payment plans, etc. While it is never wise to choose a dentist solely on account of what they charge, a little shopping around is never a bad idea.
- Staff. Trips to the dentist can cause anxiety, but a polite, welcoming, and professional staff can make your dental experience a better one.
Set a Meeting
Choosing your dentist means contacting and visiting potential dentists to find one that fits you. Before visiting, have a list of questions in hand for the dentist and support staff.
Here are some questions for a potential dentist:
- How long has the dentist been practising?
- What is their training?
- Does the dentist treat patients with any issues you care about?
- Does the dentist have a specific clientele?
- How long does it take to get an appointment?
- Is the office’s technology up to date?
- What kind of emergency care does the dentist offer and is after-hours care available?
- Does the office accept your insurance?
If you ask the proper questions, uncovering the perfect dentist for you can be quite straightforward.
When visiting a dentist’s office, look for the following clues:
- Is the office clean, neat, and orderly? Are all surfaces and equipment in the treatment room clean?
- Is the dental staff helpful and willing to answer your questions?
- Do the dentist and staff wearing gloves and other protective gear during patient treatment?
Give the dentist a test run. Going to the dentist is about the experience. So, you should look for a dentist that makes the experience easy.
You need a friendly dentist that smiles and explains exams and procedures before they happen. One way to find a good dentist is to give them a try.
If you have a bad experience, there is no reason you should have to go back.
By looking carefully, you can find the right dentist!
- No Gap Payment – full dental exam, X-rays, clean and fluoride (with any insurance)
$199 – full dental exam, X-rays, clean, fluoride – if no insurance
- Chairside whitening $595
- 10% Seniors discount
- Child Dental Benefit Schedule – Bulk Billed up to $1,000 (to eligible patients)
Call us on (08) 6594 1531 or visit us at 8/2328 Albany Hwy in Gosnells.
NEED ADVICE? JUST ASK US A QUESTION
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We accept EFTPOS, all major Credit Cards, HBF, HCF, NIB, Medibank Private, BUPA and all major health funds through HICAPS.
Mon - Sun: –
We are open 7 days a week
There are plenty of transport links and free car parking available on site